Mar 1, 2011

Beautiful Blogger Award

Isn't this award gorgeous! Sheri from Writer's Alley gave this to me last week, and it's my first award for this blog. Thank you, Sheri!!

When she passed on this award, Sheri included seven random pet peeves, which were fabulous, so I think I'll do the same.

  1. Drivers who cannot stop at a stop sign, or can't wait their turn. Maybe it's my mom-gene kicking in here, but come on! Wait your turn already. It's really not that hard.
  2. Drivers who use right-hand-turn lanes/parking lanes/teeny tiny spaces between lanes to try to cut in front of a line of traffic, and then get mad at me for not letting them in. Seriously???
  3. Blonde jokes, especially when the teller of the joke can see the color of my hair. And that person is saying blondes are dumb???
  4. The word irregardless. What master-of-overstating-the-obvious came up with that?
  5. People who talk on the phone or text while driving. (can you tell I practically live in my car?) :)
  6. The FDA's claim that the rBGH growth hormone is safe and has no side effects. Ummm...based on personal experience, I beg to differ. Thanks to these morons, I can't eat anything unless I pay a small fortune for organic everything. And eating out is a nightmare, because hardly anything is organic. I miss my cheeseburgers... :(
  7. Oldest and DH leave their socks all over the house. I'm thinking of recording myself saying "can you PLEASE pick up your socks?" because I swear they don't hear me. Maybe if I play it back on constant repeat, it'll eventually sink in.

Now here's the fun part. I get to pass this award on to some beautiful bloggers. In no particular order, here they are:

Janet from Tuttle Tattle
Danielle from Myth Takes
Marcia from Marcia Hoehne
Sherrie from Write About Now

Big thanks to all of these bloggers for the great stuff they post each week!

13 comments:

cleemckenzie said...

Here three of my pet peeves:

people who smoke while walking ahead of you on the street--lovely.

the use of very with the word unique. Huh?

comments on my blog that have nothing to do with the post, but invite me to visit their blog. Oh yes, I'm rushing right over.

Congrats on the Beautiful Blogger Award, you two!

Jessie Harrell said...

congrats on the award! You've come close to hitting on my pet peeve --- ppl who drive too SLOW, especially after cutting me off. I know the speed limit is supposed to be the upper limit of speed, but there's NO EXCUSE for driving in the fast lane and going 5 mph+ UNDER the speed limit. ARGH!!!

Catherine Stine said...

Yes, I have lots of driving pet peeves. Someone who passes you and then immediately pulls in front of you and slows down. Huhhhh??

kellyhashway said...

Congrats on the award. You do know I gave you an award last Wednesday, don't you? I sent you a message. Here's the link, http://www.kellyhashway.com/apps/blog/entries/show/6233826-one-lovely-blog-award

J.Tuttle said...

Congrats on the award, and thanks for passing it on to me. It's lovely! I know all about your car pet peeves which are all really peevy - especially the one about pulling into the parking lane and then expecting to have someone let you in! :)

Tabitha said...

Lee - those are good ones! :)

Jessie & Catherine - OMG YES!! I can't stand it when people do that. I don't understand the concept of hurrying up because "I *must* be first!" only to slow down. It boggles the mind.

Kelly - yes, I did see that! Thank you! I'm passing your award along next week. :)

JTuttle - yes, you know first hand how irate that makes me. :)

Kim Baccellia said...

LOL. Here's a couple of my own pet peeves:

1. People who roll down their windows and dangle their cigarette outside. It's like Jerry Steinfeld once said, "Don't you'd think they'd want the whole benefit of the nicotin by keeping windows closed?

2. People who told on their cell phones in the store. Sorry, I really don't care if your daugher is in rehab or your sick of your in-laws. It seems like these people are always shouting.

3. Dude. This word really irks me especially when it's dude everything. I've even been called dude.

Congrats on the Beautiful Blogger Award!

Kim Baccellia said...

Oops, I mean people who talk on their cell phones! I've even had people talk really loud on them in the Hallmark store. So annoying. Or once, a woman described in vivid detail her 'female problems'. The mothers around me just rolled our eyes. Jeez, nothing is sacred anymore!

Marcia said...

Congrats, Tabitha, and thanks. :)

Solvang Sherrie said...

Thanks for the award! We have similar pet peeves -- what is it with guys and socks?! Ugh!

Liz Straw said...

Only SEVEN pet peeves? I think my change on a regular basis. I actually have a journal of "THING THAT BUG ME!" Drivers are a big part of that, but there are so many more. tee hee

Danyelle said...

Congrats on the award and thank for thinking of me!

Becca Puglisi said...

Hmmm, so many to choose from. Top 2:

1. Typos on signs and professional literature

2. Moms who let their kids run riot and torment others in the Chick-fil-A play area while they chat it up outside with nary a glance. grrrrr