Nov 16, 2010

Happy Diwali! (a little late)

So, I know this is a little late and all since Diwali was the weekend before last, but...

HAPPY DIWALI!!!

We went to a friend's house to celebrate this year and I wore a sari. 

Then my dad came to visit and we went outside to set off firecrackers (the quiet variety so our neighbors wouldn't lynch us).



The kids had a lot of fun, even though it was cold outside.  We also filled up the whole street with smoke, and a few people came outside thinking there was a fire somewhere.  Erm...no, it was just us.  :)

We ended up going inside earlier than we expected (both because of the cold and the smoke), and we've now got LOTS of firecrackers for the next 4th of July.  :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Great pics! You look beautiful in your sari, Tabitha!

Tabitha said...

Thank you!! I look forward to occasions when I can wear one.

Vijaya said...

You look great in a sari ... I can't wear one because I have no blouse! Kids look like they're having a blast.

This year my daughter got to do a traditional dance at our neighborhood Diwali celebrations.

anna said...

You look so lovely in your sari! What a gorgeous celebration.