Nov 2, 2010

You Can Have Whatever You Want

It was my birthday last month, and when I went downstairs for breakfast, Oldest said something very unexpected.

Oldest: "Mommy, it's your birthday, so you can have whatever you want for breakfast."
Me: "I can, huh?"
Oldest: "Yep. You can even have..." (he got very serious here) "Cake."

I thought this was hilarious, because most kids would be saying this so that they can have cake for breakfast on their own birthdays.  But Oldest doesn't even like cake.  So, either he's being genuinely thoughtful for me, or he's planning to ask for chocolate for breakfast when his birthday rolls around again.  :) 

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Ah, the freedoms of adulthood.

Nayuleska said...

He's got that one sorted! Birthday breakfast = one bowl of icecream, and one bowl of custard. For the days after, it is cake for breakfast.

From Saturday to today, it was pumpkin pie for breakfast.

I love being an adult!

Tabitha said...

Caroline - yep. The problem is that Oldest will cry 'unfair' if I have cake for breakfast and he can't have chocolate, or something. :)

Nayuleska - he sure does! I love to do pumpkin pie for breakfast, but I have to wait until the kids are at school or they're quick to point out that *they* don't get sweet stuff for breakfast, so why do I get it? :)