May 19, 2010

Hickory Dickory Dock...

Youngest came home the other day telling me that he learned Hickory Dickory Dock at school.  He told me all about how the story goes, in detail, and then wanted to recite it for me.  So I smiled and said okay.  He recited the first line:
"Hickory Dickory Dock, the mouse ran up the clock."
Then he got a confused look on his face and said he couldn't remember any more.  I smiled and said that, if he remembered, he could come back and tell me.  He said okay, and then skipped off to the next room.

For the next hour, he recited that first line over and over and over and over.  I have no idea if he was trying to remember the rest, or if it was just his way of enjoying himself as he put together some legos.  But he never got past that first line, and it was all I could do to distract him and get him onto something else.  He eventually stopped reciting, but that line is now seared into my brain.  Even now, days later, it's still stuck in my head!

Hickory Dickory Dock
Hickory Dickory Dock
Hickory Dickory Dock
Hickory Dickory Dock

GAH!!!!

2 comments:

Sliding on the Edge said...

When this happens I go bonkers. Mike Jung had the Roadrunner theme going on and on in his head, then when I read his Tweet, it jumped into mine. Now I think Hickory Dickory might have taken over.

Talk about Gah!

MissV said...

Don't you hate tune cooties? ARGH!

If I sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, it clears even the toughest tune cootie. But when Rudolph gets stuck in my head, I'm SOL. hahaha