Apr 30, 2010

Cakes I've Baked Lately

I've been baking lately, but haven't had the chance to sit down and post the pictures.  So I'll do them all at once.

I made these cupcakes for Oldest's teacher, because it was her birthday a few weeks ago.  The one without the frosting?  Yeah, that's for Oldest.  Somehow, a child related to me doesn't like frosting.  I'm still trying to figure that one out...


After that, a bunch of us moms got together for a Mom's Night Out.  We had a pot luck at someone's house, and I brought cake (of course).  The boys helped me roll out the fondant to make the flowers, but then disappeared to go play with legos when it was time to clean up.  :)


I also made a couple cakes for the kids' school.  Once a year, the school puts together a Teacher Appreciation Dinner, where the parents prepare/provide dinner for all the teachers in the school.  I made these cakes for them.

My original design was more intricate, but the brushes I used to paint the sides and top weren't precise enough, so I had to change it.  I need to find better brushes...

6 comments:

Jayde Scott said...

Those look just delicious. I'm going to get some cake from the grocery store now.

Matthew Rush said...

Wow that is some beautiful baking Tabitha, thanks for sharing!

Today's guest blogger is The Alliterative Allomorph!

karincameron said...

So yummy and beautiful looking! I have a small addiction to sugar...and wish to someday take a cake decorating class. Maybe I will bake a "simple" cake tonight. Thanks for sharing. Glad to find your blog :)

sruble said...

Wow! Your cakes and cupcakes look gorgeous, and yummy! Wish you owned a bakery near me :0)

MissV said...

YUM! I'm so comin' over to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Nayuleska said...

You've got talent in the decorating department. 2nd one is my favourite :)