Oct 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!


I am not sure how this happened, but I think someone gave my neighborhood the wrong calender. Because, even though today is Halloween, my neighborhood did trick or treating last sunday. Why? I have no idea. So we took the kids out, along with everyone else, and they brought back quite a lot of candy.

But it gets even more interesting. The city of Chicago has no 'official' times for trick or treating, except that it must be on Halloween. So, there is still trick or treating in my neighborhood today, because it's Halloween. As a result, my kids will get to go trick or treating twice, and will have pulled the most amazing haul of candy that's probably ever been known to mankind. It will be all I can do to keep their teeth from rotting out (or to keep myself from sneaking into said candy). But they are beside themselves with excitement because they get to wear their costumes again. :)

So, here are some pictures from last weekend.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Fun photos, Tabitha!!
Lucky kids to go twice! (I cannot stop eating the Halloween candy leftovers!!!)

Tabitha said...

The kids ended up coming home with overflowing plastic pumpkins. They each dumped it all out and sorted through it, keeping the stuff they liked and getting rid of the stuff they didn't. But the dang pumpkins are still FULL!

I am regulating it to one piece of candy a day, but still. With as much as they got, they're still going to have candy left when Halloween rolls around again next year. :)