Oct 20, 2009

Cakes for Fall Fest

Like last year, I baked a bunch of cakes for Fall Fest - a festival put on my kids' school. Instead of doing all the same design, though, I decided to do all different ones.

Since it was for Fall Fest, I did one with a Halloween theme: a pumpkin, witches, ghosts, and bats. I'd also done a chocolate one of the same design, but the top layer split down the middle (again!) so I had to set that one aside.

Next, I did a flower and butterfly design with strawberry cake and strawberry icing. Then, I dusted the flowers and butterfly in gold powder to give it a shimmery look to it.

I did the same gold dusting with this star and moon design, which I made with lemon cake and lemon icing. I had intended to put some blue on this cake, but that didn't look right so I left it this way.

All my cakes sold, so I'm pretty happy about that. I hope the people who bought them enjoy eating them, though!! :)

7 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Love those cakes!

Tabitha said...

Thanks!! :)

Yunaleska said...

MMmm cake!

Lenore said...

I love baking cakes too, but yours look way cooler than mine ever do.

Tabitha said...

Thanks, Yuna! The chocolate one that cracked stayed home with us, and it's already gone. :)

Lenore - baking cakes is so much fun, isn't it? I find it relaxing, and a good creative outlet.

Kelly H-Y said...

Your cakes are simply amazing!

Tabitha said...

Thanks!! :D