Apr 17, 2012

The Toothless Wonder

For the last couple years, Youngest has watched his brother and all his classmates get loose teeth, coins from the Toothfairy, and then grin--showing off those awesome gaps. But Youngest's teeth remained stubbornly tight. Not even the slightest wiggle. Last year, he came to me with a sigh and said "Mommy, when am I going to lose a tooth?" He looked so forlorn that I hugged him and said his teeth would come out when they were ready. He nodded and sort of moped away.

Well, this year, he has hit the jackpot. A couple weeks ago, he lost his first tooth (while we were at a restaurant, no less), and on Sunday he lost another. And, he's got four more loose teeth. Four! I don't know how this kid eats!! Plus, once all these teeth fall out, he's going to be gumming his food to death.

But he doest care. Right now he's smiling, showing off his jack-o-lantern grin and loving every minute of it. In the mean time, I think I'll dust off the blender, just in case. :)

No comments: