Apr 25, 2012

Jokes From An Eight Year Old

Oldest is really into jokes. Actually, both boys are, and they both love to make up their own. Of course, they think they're hilarious but they don't make much sense to a grown-up. Namely, me. :) But I listen and I laugh, mostly at how well they can crack themselves up.

Oldest has had a recent mental shift. He still makes up silly jokes that don't make sense, but he's also starting to see the world around him and tell jokes that are pretty darned funny. Like these two, which he sort of made up on his own:

Q: How does a baby roll?
A: In a stroller.


Q: How does a baby rock and roll?
A: In a stroller on a gravel road.

But the best one he's told me so far is this:

Oldest: Will you remember me five minutes from now?
Me: Yes. 
Oldest: Will you remember me tomorrow?
Me: Yes.

Oldest: Will you remember me next month?
Me: Yes. 
Oldest: Will you remember me next year?
Me: Yes. 
Oldest: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
Oldest: I thought you said you'd remember me!


No comments: