May 4, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

The most awesome Kelly Hashway has given me yet another award, and a gorgeous one at that. Thank you, Kelly!!

So, now, I have to share seven things about myself...hmmm.

1. I love changing seasons, so much that I can't really pick a favorite. The current season is always my favorite, and by the time the next one rolls around, I'm ready for it. Like now--I'm SO ready for spring, but it seems to be avoiding Chicago right now. :(

2. I've never been to Canada. Or Mexico. But I've been to ten other countries around the world, some of them third world (I know, it makes no sense).

3. I've never been to Vegas, but I've been to a zillion other places around the country.

4. I can't stand running. Seriously. I hate it. And yet I love playing soccer with my kids, which is all running. Go figure. :)

5. I love pedicures.

6. I'm anxiously awaiting the day that my kids can throw and catch a baseball so that we can go outside and play catch. I'm hoping Oldest will be willing to try it out this summer...

7. I have wanted to learn a martial art since I was a teenager, and I finally joined a karate dojo last month. Took me long enough... But, hey, better late than never. :)

Now's the best part! I get to pass this award on to other stylish bloggers. :)


If you haven't visited any of these blogs, you should. They are made of awesome! Thanks again, Kelly!!

13 comments:

Catherine Stine said...

All good blogs, so congrats, folks!
Yeah, I hate running too, even though I like sports, and love walking.

Tabitha said...

I like sports and love walking, too. But running is just too jarring for me. I avoided soccer for years for that reason, but my kids wanted me to play with them so badly that I gave it a try. And I loved it! Totally didn't see that coming... :)

Solvang Sherrie said...

Thank you, Tabitha! I love changing seasons, too, but we really only have about two seasons where I live in California. I miss having a long, crisp autumn.

khashway said...

You're very welcome, Tabitha! I love running. I run 5-6 days a week. I laughed about the places you've been. When I was growing up, my parents took my sister and I all over the Caribbean but I had never been to Florida of all places. I finally went during a cruise to the Bahamas. Florida was our first stop. All my friends thought it was crazy that I hadn't been to Florida, but even as a kid, I knew the Caribbean was ten times better!

cleemckenzie said...

Wow! I get an award? I'm doing my happy dance. Thanks, Tabitha. Guess I have to think of a few things to share about me.

Janice Hardy said...

Oh wow, thanks so much! How sweet of you. I've always wanted to learn a martial art, too, but I have zero coordination. I'd probably break myself.

Donna Gambale said...

Thanks for the award! I also hate running, and playing catch is my favorite athletic thing to do everrr. Not play baseball -- just playing catch. My mom and I used to alll the time when I was growing up!

Tabitha said...

Sherrie - you're welcome! As much as I've enjoyed visiting California, I'm not sure I could live there. I'd miss my seasons too much, even the deep freeze we get here in Chicago. :)

Kelly - wow! I tip my hat to you and all runners who actually like it. :) I was giggling when I read where you've been, too. It's funny how you can completely miss the local stuff, but get plenty of the exotic, isn't it? :)

Lee - yay! Looking forward to reading all about you. :)

Janice - too funny! Fortunately, I've got great teachers and they keep me from doing anything overly stupid. :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

Donna - I love love love playing catch! I played with my dad, and now I want to play with my kids. That's so awesome that you played with your mom! I want my kids to say that when they're all grown up. :)

Dawn Brazil said...

I don't particulary like to run either. But I love playing sports with the fam. And I was in the military and we ran all the time. Go figure.

I love winter above all seasons, but I hate being cold. I know I'm weird, you don't have to say it! LOL

Girl Parker said...

Congratulations! and thank you for posting on She Write. So happy to find you. Your webpage is a FIND. I'm excited to pull up a chair, refill my coffee, and dig in.

Tabitha said...

Dawn - I'm weird too, so I totally understand. :)

Girl Parker - thanks! I hope you enjoy what you find!

Travis Erwin said...

I've been to Vegas and Mexico but no third world countries.

Matthew MacNish said...

Congrats on the award, Tabitha!