Apr 19, 2011

Jingle Bells in April?

Yesterday, we woke up to a half inch of snow on the ground. Yeah, not exactly spring weather... It didn't help that I wasn't feeling all that great, because I kept waking up cold the night before.

So, I went downstairs to get breakfast for the kids, and Youngest ran to the window.

Youngest: It snowed! Look, Mommy!
Me: (not looking) Yeah, I noticed.
Youngest: (singing) Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, jingle all the way!
Me: No no no! No Jingle Bells, sweetie. Okay?
Youngest: (confused) But, Jingle Bells is a winter song.
Me: Exactly. It's not winter, it's spring.
Youngest: (looks outside, then looks back at me) But there's snow outside. How can it be spring if there's snow outside?

My thoughts exactly, kid. :) I'm filing a complaint with Mother Nature.

To make matters worse, Jingle Bells was stuck in my head all day long...

7 comments:

kellyhashway said...

LOL. I feel for you. Snow has no place in spring. I hope it melts quickly.

Tabitha said...

It melted by yesterday afternoon, but it's still cold. And it's raining, so it feels more like fall than spring. We had some beautiful days and some flowers started coming up, so I hope this cold doesn't send them packing...

anna said...

To an aussie reader awaiting a snowless winter, this sounds so exciting to me! I guess it all depends on what you're used to but I would SO love to wake up to a surprise round of snow...

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

The weather has gone crazy. We're having temps in the 90s and 100s, and it's only April.

Solvang Sherrie said...

Oh, how I love this exchange!! My husband is in Redmond, WA this week and he said it snowed the first night he was there, too. My daughter was furious that we hadn't gone with him so she could enjoy the snow :)

Tabitha said...

Anna - if I could send you our snow, I totally would. :)

Beverly - wow! Mother Nature needs a wake-up call or something. :)

Sherrie - LOL!! That's something my kids would do, too. They love the snow. When we had that 21 inch blizzard this past winter, they were in heaven. :)

kellyhashway said...

I gave you an award on my blog. Stop by to claim it.
http://www.kellyhashway.com/apps/blog/show/6801109-stylish-blogger-award