Oct 26, 2010

It's All About Who You Know...

I've been reading The Emerald Tablet by PJ Hoover to Oldest, and he's thoroughly enjoying it.  It's taking much longer than usual to get through it with all the upheaval we've had lately, but his interest has never once wavered, and he pleads for me to read 'just one more chapter' every single night.  He's also psyched to read books 2 and 3 in the trilogy, and we haven't even finished the first book yet!  It's very cute. 

PJ Hoover also happens to be in one of my online critique groups, and she's a fabulous person.  One of these days, I intend to meet her in person (which I'm really looking forward to) and get her to sign her books for me.  :)  I mentioned to Oldest that I knew the author, and asked him if he'd like to meet her some day.  He slowly turned to me with very wide, awe-filled eyes and said "You really know her?"  It was all I could do to keep from bursting out laughing right then.  :)

I told him that I do, indeed, know PJ Hoover, and asked him if he'd like to meet her someday.  He nodded very enthusiastically.  So now I have to meet PJ, and I have to bring Oldest along.  He'll never forgive me if I don't.  :)

3 comments:

Christine Marciniak said...

And she's just as fabulous in real life as you would imagine from knowing her on-line! Really!

Barrie said...

You'll really like PJ. As will your son. :) Isn't great to find a read-aloud that your child looks forward to?!

Tabitha said...

She's fabulous online! I can't wait to meet her in person, and i' moping she goes on tour for The Necropolis. And that she comes to the Chicago area!

And, yes, Barrie, I love it when my kids look forward to books! :)