Sep 7, 2010

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

My kids go back to school next week.  Yeah, they're probably the last kids left in Chicago who aren't in school yet.  :)  Summer camp ended in mid August, so it's been interesting (and exhausting) to come up with inventive ways to occupy their time.  Plus, I've had to do some revision for my agent in there, too.  I'm so tired...I think I may spend their first week of school napping.  :)

Anyway, since kids are going back to school, that's prompted some conversations about what they want to be when they grow up.  Oldest always answers with a profession related to driving: bus driver, subway driver, garbage truck driver (yes, he really said that), etc.  Youngest is all over the place.  He usually mimics what Oldest wants to be, but if I ask him when Oldest isn't around, he'll tell me something different each time.  Astronaut, freight train driver, construction worker, etc.  Fortunately, they've got several years before deciding on anything.  :)

But the best answer to this question I've ever heard didn't come from my kids.  I was talking to one of my best friends, and she said that when she asked her son what he wanted to be when he grew up, he said...

Darth Vader.

I nearly busted a gut laughing so hard!!  Talk about inventive and imaginative.  So awesome!!

2 comments:

Kristopher and Crew said...

I could see that. As a kid, I would have loved to be Darth Vader!

But as an adult, you see that he's really just a middle manager with a bad attitude and a sweet work uniform. Sigh. The optimism of youth.




Check In To The ROUS Motel!

Tabitha said...

LOL!! Well, at least he's got the sweet work uniform going for him. I'm sure that fools the employees fresh out of college, too. :)